The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Barcelona eyes Raphinha from Leeds
Barcelona step up efforts to sign Leeds United winger Raphinhaas reported The telegraph.
the Blaugrana have long been linked with the 25-year-old Brazilian winger, and it looks like they are now more determined than ever to bring him over.
Raphinha’s potential transfer to Barca comes amid the reported decision that Adama TraoreThe loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers will not be permanent at the end of the season.
The amount required to bring Raphinha in will depend on Leeds’ Premier League status at the end of the season, with Jesse Marsch’s side currently just one place and two points above the relegation zone. while 18th-placed Everton have a game in progress.
If the Yorkshire club are relegated, a release clause will be triggered which will allow Raphinha to leave for £25m.
Leeds are likely to demand much more for the winger if his top-flight status remains intact after turning down an offer from West Ham United in the summer transfer window.
Raphinha has scored 10 goals and assisted three more in 31 Premier League appearances this season and has a contract that runs until June 2024.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Cristiano Ronaldo considering a move away from Manchester United this summer with the Red Devils’ failure to secure the Champions League for next season all but certain, according to The sun. New manager Erik ten Hag hasn’t made it clear what he wants to do regarding Ronaldo next season and doesn’t want player talks with United until he concludes the Eredivisie title race with Ajax Amsterdam.
– AS Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni has made a move to Real Madrid his priority despite interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool, reports AS. However, Monaco want €70m for his transfer and Los Blancos are demanding that price be reduced by at least €10m.
– RB Leipzig are ready to fight to keep their talisman Christophe Nkunkubut The Team reported that the France international decided to leave the club this summer. Nkunku has been linked with a host of clubs, including Manchester United, PSG, Bayern Munich and AC Milan, so he won’t be short of options if he leaves the Bundesliga club.
– Tottenham Hotspur received encouragement because Paul Torres decided it was time to leave Villarreal, according to The daily mail. Spurs have also been linked with RB Leipzig Josko Gvardiol, that of Lille Sven Botman and Atlético de Madrid Mario Hermoso as Antonio Conte aims to strengthen his backline.
– Juventus have no intention of paying the 35 million euros needed to win Alvaro MorataAtletico Madrid’s loan move permanent, as reported by Tutosport. The Italian side have already splashed €20m on a two-year loan and tried to cut the rate needed to bring him in, but it looks like Atleti won’t budge either.